UPDATE: We’re working on a feature-length documentary about my cancer journey and recovery, titled Let’s Do This: Facing Hodgkin Lymphoma. Read about the documentary here and “like” the page on Facebook to stay up-to-date on the film’s progress.
As the graphic says, I was diagnosed with stage IIB Hodgkin lymphoma in February 2012 — just one week shy of my 28th birthday.
Hodgkin lymphoma is a cancer of the blood and bone marrow that affects the lymphatic system. In my case, it was first “discovered” by x-ray as a large mass in my chest.
From the beginning, I resolved that I would document the entire process — from diagnosis to treatment to recovery — on this blog via both written and video updates. My hope in doing so is to keep family and friends apprised of how I am doing as well as to be a source of humanized information for Hodgkin lymphoma patients and their loved ones.
Collected below are all of the blog posts that specifically relate to my journey with Hodgkin lymphoma. Feel free to browse, comment, etc. The first post, I have been diagnosed with Hodgkin lymphoma, is a good place to start.
And finally: If this blog has been helpful to you or someone you know in any way, I would love to hear from you. Drop me a line. A little support goes a long way.
All posts in the “Lymphoma” category
- 02/16/12: I have been diagnosed with Hodgkin lymphoma
- 02/17/12: Follow-up and diagnosis [+Video]
- 02/19/12: Testing, Testing [+Video]
- 02/21/12: I called it in November
- 02/23/12: Setting the stage and new complications [+Video]
- 02/25/12: The X-ray that indicated something serious was present
- 02/27/12: The Great Heart Investigation [+Video]
- 02/29/12: Chemotherapy starts tomorrow
- 03/01/12: Chemotherapy, round one [+Video]
- 03/06/12: I’ve been port-ified / Chemo side effects [+Video]
- 03/08/12: We’re making a documentary (And we need your help) #LetsDoThisFilm
- 03/10/12: Week one and lost footage [+Video]
- 03/12/12: Introducing the “Cancer & Theology” guest blog series
- 03/14/12: Quick updates
- 03/16/12: The in-between & chemotherapy, round two [+Video]
- 03/19/12: Tony Jones on Cancer & Theology
- 03/23/12: Losing my hair [+Video]
- 03/26/12: Brian McLaren on Cancer & Theology
- 03/31/12: Chemotherapy, round three [+Video]
- 04/02/12: Mike Stavlund on Cancer & Theology
- 04/06/12: Treatment no. three update: Cancer, curcumin, songwriting, & more [+Video]
- 04/09/12: Greg Garrett on Cancer & Theology
- 04/16/12: Kester Brewin on Cancer & Theology
- 04/17/12: Chemotherapy, round four and Q&A [+Video]
- 04/26/12: Treatment no. four update: Retreat, pulmonary test, & more [+Video]
- 04/30/12: Andy Root on Cancer & Theology
- 05/07/12: Carol Howard Merritt on Cancer & Theology
- 05/08/12: Chemotherapy, round five and the mental struggle [+Video]
- 05/15/12: Adam Walker Cleaveland on Cancer & Theology
- 05/21/12: Paul Amlin on Cancer & Theology
- 05/22/12: Treatment no. six update [+Video]
- 05/29/12: Nate Frambach on Cancer & Theology
- 06/04/12: Brandon Mick on Cancer & Theology
- 06/10/12: Treatment no. seven and other updates [+Video]
- 06/13/12: David Fitch on Cancer & Theology
- 06/23/12: In which we learn that I am essentially cancer free(!), & other updates [+Video]
- 07/10/12: Radiation orientation & other updates [+Video]
- 07/30/12: Abigail Rian Evans on Cancer & Theology
- 08/28/12: The beginning of the (sort of) end [+Video]
- 12/30/13: Introducing the Cancer & Theology e-book